So now you have connected your network to the Strings cloud. Let's fill your account with data to work with!
- Click on the All Devices page icon.
2. Now you are in All Devices, click on Add New Device to launch the sequence that will add your first network hardware to Strings.
Currently supporting only HFC networks (and soon adding FTTH support), this will ideally be a CMTS (Cablemodem Termination System).
3. Great! The first time you do this you will be asked to enable location detection in your browser. We only do this to help you choose a location for the device you are adding.
Click Allow if you want to have Strings place you in the area you are currently located in.
Now you will see some input fields, enter a name for your CMTS along with an IP address.
Additionally, you can enter a vendor and model for it, but those are optional. Click next to continue.
4. In order to add the CMTS effectively, we need to specify the SNMPv2 Communities for it and the Cablemodems under it. Click on the first dropdown to select or input a new community.
You can type a community, and hit enter to save it. Then click on it to select it.
Then do the same with the Cablemodems, and click Next for the final step.
5. Now to conclude, we have to set a location for this CMTS. If you clicked Allow in Step 3, you should find it easy to browse to the desired area. Otherwise, you can enter the map full screen, and navigate to a given city.
Either in full screen or this overlay view, clicking around the map will modify the coordinates for any given position.
All you have to do is click Done, and this will be added/saved into the new device. You can always edit the location later from the CMTS Detail page.